In the market for a driveway upgrade and not sure which paving material is suitable for you? Concrete and asphalt are popular choices, but it can be tough to decide which is best suited for your needs.
Birmingham Sealcoat Inc. will review each option’s pros and cons to help make your decision a little easier.
Asphalt vs. Concrete: Which is Most Suitable for Your Driveway Upgrade?
When it comes to driveway paving, there are two main choices: asphalt and concrete. Both have pros and cons, so weighing all your options before deciding is essential. Here’s a quick overview of each option:
Asphalt For Your Driveway Upgrade
- Asphalt is inexpensive paving material for your driveway and can help you save money in the long run. It is also highly durable, so there will be fewer repairs down the road.
- Asphalt is easier to install and takes less time for your driveway upgrade.
- You will not have to spend a lot on healing your damaged asphalt.
- Asphalt can crack and wear off over time if not cared for properly.
- It is not as durable when compared to concrete and withers over time under the weight of your heavy vehicles and everyday traffic.
- Asphalt can crack over time, and if left unattended, potholes can form, which can be a nuisance.
Concrete For Your Driveway Upgrade
- Concrete has a longer lifespan and can last up to 30 years with proper care.
- Regarding asphalt vs. concrete, the latter is your best choice for durability. The material is meant to endure the weight of your heavy vehicles.
- It is low maintenance and does not require as much upkeep.
- In terms of money, concrete can be an expensive option. So if you want to save money, this may not be your best option.
- You will need more time to install concrete when compared to asphalt, and the task can be difficult. In other words, installing concrete is not a DIY job.
- Once damaged, concrete can be hard to repair once damaged.
So, which is the best choice for your driveway upgrade?
The answer depends on your budget and your needs. If you’re someone who wants a durable and low-maintenance driveway, concrete is a great option. However, asphalt may be the better choice if you want to save money and don’t mind doing a little more upkeep.
Where to Get Professional Asphalt or Concrete driveway in Auburn Hills, MI?
If you want a professional asphalt or concrete driveway in Auburn Hills, MI, look no further than Birmingham Sealcoat Inc. With over 30 years of experience in the industry and have worked on all types of projects, big and small. We offer various services, including sealcoating, crack filling, asphalt, and concrete services. Don’t wait any longer, and get your free estimate now!